Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Years Day, January 1,2012

I promised some of my children I would write my story for them. so this is the beginning of Carole's Story.
Having been born of Goodly parents on a cold and wintery night in Salt Lake City, Utah on f\February 2, (Ground Hogs Day, no less) 1936 I entered the family of William (Bill) Richard Devenish and Emma Genevieve Johnson. I am the third child having an older sister, Essie Mae or "Sue" as we always called her and an older brother, William Richard Devenish, Jr. 2 years later a younger brother was added to the family, James Merrill Devenish.

I told my children I would write the good, the bad and the funny life I have had, so with some of my earliest memories that I personally can remember here goes.

Some of my earliest memories are of playing with and enjoying my siblings, I remember a time when "Poor old grandpa and Poor old grandma came to stay with us and grandma would take me on her lap and rock in the rocking chair with me, grandpa walked around the house on his cane. These were my Grandma Johnson's parents and they were old.

I remember that we lived upstairs in an old farm home on East 21st south, the home belonged to a german couple by the namd of Bargeer. I really life Mrs Bargeer because she would let us go out with her to feed her animals. She had ducks, geese, rabbits, chickens and goats. The goats were my favorites because they would climb everywhere and would play with us. During this time my parents had an old car and daddy would take us to Liberty Park for picnics that momma had fixed, and that would be our entertainment for the week.

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I can't comment on the next story. Do you know much about your dad's service in the military? Army, air force? Where did he serve and such?

    ReplyDelete